Corn is one of my favorite summer vegetables! I love how it can bring sweetness and flavor to savory dishes, like quesadillas, pastas, and salads.
This is a quick recipe I whipped up the other day when I missed eating my favorite seasonal corn pasta dish at The Rose Venice. The roasted cherry tomatoes, combined with the sweetness of the corn make this a fresh and delicious summer pasta dish.
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 4 cups of cooked pasta (I prefer cavatelli or bowtie pasta)
- 2-4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (depends on preference)
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with foil.
- Place corn directly on foil. Note that there is no seasoning on the corn.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let corn rest for 10 minutes, then cut corn off the cob.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Mix in corn kernels and diced tomatoes. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, salt, pepper. Stir until all components are well-mixed, and until pasta is well coated in butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan.
- Serve immediately.