As I continue to reduce eating meat, I have to get creative with rice dishes to satiate my dinners.
This is a quick rice dish with Greek flair. The sweetness of the roasted red peppers pair well with the saltiness of feta. I like to eat this dish with the cool crispiness of a salad.
Great to pair with a Greek salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or diced
- 2 red peppers
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken/veggie broth
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking pan with foil. Slice and roughly chop red peppers and arrange on foil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Pour olive oil into medium pot. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers, salt, pepper.
- Add rice and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Mix in feta before serving.