Tziziki sauce is the Greek ketchup – we put it on EVERYTHING!
The combination of tangy yogurt with fresh cucumber and lemon make this dip refreshing, especially on a hot summer day.
You can make tziziki as a dip for a veggie board, or as a side with your main meal.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt *
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 a medium lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, seeded and shredded *
- Spoon Greek yogurt into a medium mixing bowl.
- Gradually pour in olive oil, stirring / folding it in as your pour.
- Stir in garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
- Fold in cucumber.
- Cover and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
* You can use whatever type of yogurt you’d like — full fat, 2%, non-fat. I like to use Strauss non-fat Greek yogurt. * I like to use the food processor blade to quickly shred. You can also chop the cucumber.