One of my staple side dishes is roasted potatoes. They taste so good fresh out of the oven! This recipe can go with any main course or type of cuisine.
You can use any type of potato that you have on hand. I either use red potatoes, russet, or fingerling. You can also complement these roasted potatoes with any herbs: I tend to use thyme, but you can use chili powder, onion powder, or rosemary.
- 2 medium red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Freshly ground pepper
- Dried thyme
- Parsley (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Quarter potatoes (cut in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half lengthwise), then slice to make ½ inch pieces.
- Toss potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme until evenly coated.
- Arrange on baking sheet so the pieces aren’t touching each other.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.