One of my staple side dishes is roasted potatoes. They taste so good fresh out of the oven! This recipe can go with any main course or type of cuisine.
You can use any type of potato that you have on hand. I either use red potatoes, russet, or fingerling. You can also complement these roasted potatoes with any herbs: I tend to use thyme, but you can use chili powder, onion powder, or rosemary.
- 3 medium carrots of similar size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Parsley (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Peel and slice carrots diagonally 1 ½ inches wide.
- Place onto baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Toss carrots in mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange on baking sheet so the pieces aren’t touching each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until carrots are browned and tender.